Ambient backing track that should help you to absorb information better… Because it’s at 60BPM, it has a calming effect on the mind allowing you to absorb the spoken revision notes you could sync over it…
- provide a fun, multi-sensory activity for students to revise more effectively
- promote the value of creativity in the classroom
- Demonstrate how technology can be used to enhance students’ experiences of revision
- Make revision practice more relevant to 21st Century learners
- Increase self-efficacy
- Raise attainment Read the rest of this entry
As demonstrated in Chapter 1 of Episode 1, LearnThruSong Revision Tools can help you to manage and organise your revision better. Best of all, it’s completely free.
It contains 2 apps:
- New Revision Track automatically creates logical and organised folder structures in subjects and topics. Once you’ve selected your subject (or added a new one), the app guides you through organising your revision notes into sections using simple question-answer type prompts and automatically saves your notes within your project’s text folder.
- Text2Speech automatically converts your project’s text into speech. Again this is a simple process. You’ll be asked which project you want to convert before being prompted to choose which text files from your project you want to convert. Each of the files you select will then be ‘read’ (very quickly) into a sound file which will be stored in your project’s audio folder. For convenience, your speech (audio) files will have the same name as your text files, making it easy to know what’s what.
Please take a moment to comment on our content if you think it will or indeed, if it has helped you. We want to help you to achieve your full potential in your exams, studies and future. To do that you could really help by answering a few short questions.
Your answers to these will give us the feedback we need to ensure the tutorials we make reflect your needs.
Preparation is key!
Chapter 1 is about – you guessed it – preparation. In 1.2 we’ll look at some things you might like to consider when compiling your notes to ensure your full potential.
In 1.2 we’ll install LearnThruSong revision tools and demonstrate how it’s simple question-answer-like interface will speed up the process of creating your revision tracks. As you’ll see, it also helps you to keep your revision organised.
Want to download LearnThruSong Revision Tools? First, please read the following… Read the rest of this entry
Simplifying your revision with LearnThruSong Revision Tools
Using LearnThruSong’s FREE app, Convert Text2Speech you can quickly convert your revision notes into speech to listen to on your phone, iPOD, MP3 player or CD player, anytime, anywhere. As you’ll see, its dead simple!
Just choose the project folder that you wish to convert and it grabs all of the text files from its text folder then saves each recording with the same name as it’s text counterpart.
You also have an option to omit certain files from being converted using a simple checkboxwith a Select All/None function to make your work even lighter. Read the rest of this entry
Syncing your revision to music is easy in GarageBand – Watch…
Before we begin working with our speech recordings and music though, let’s create your GarageBand project and take a quick look around it’s interface to familiarise ourselves…
In this chapter we’ll be using GarageBand’s Podcast template to take advantage of a few preset effects that will save you time later.
Arranging your spoken revision notes over a music track is simple to do in GarageBand…
OK, so we created your first GarageBand Project in the last chapter so continuing from there, let’s import and sync your music and spoken revision notes…
It’s really straight-forward in Apple’s GarageBand and I’ll show you a number of shortcuts that will have you zipping through your revision like never before!
Editing is just as intuitive in GarageBand…
So, after importing our spoken revision notes and music in the last chapter, we’re now ready to look at editing them.
Well, you probably want to repeat certain parts of the information and maybe you’d like to choose certain parts of the music track to go with particular sections of your notes.
It won’t take long, GarageBand is a pretty intuitive piece of software like most apple products!
Getting the right balance between your speech and music
In a few clicks your revision track will be ready to sync to your iPOD, phone or CD
Congratulations! I hope you know feel confident about creating your very own revision tracks!